Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What Is Beauty?

I decided to do this post because I often wonder at what point in my weight loss will people stop seeing my weight and start seeing my beauty.  I know everyone has their idea of what beauty is so I wanted to ask my fellow bloggers what they thought.  I searched the web and found pictures of models at different weights.  I'm not asking you to be judgemental of the models I just want to know what you see as beautiful.  I've labeled each picture with the search I did online to find them.


Too Skinny Model


Fitness Model


Healthy Model
 
 
Plus Size Model
 
 

 
Just so you know what I think I would be happy being any of these except the first one, its just alittle to skinny to me.







4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, interesting one...
    Very subjective, so a purely personal observation. The third and fourth look beautiful to me. First one looks unwell and I feel 'sorry' for her, and the second one looks too 'hard' for my way of thinking - torso OK, but arms not so beautiful.
    What do I look like? Er, none of the above.
    Even though I've lost a shed load of weight, I have the baggy bits and skin flaps that mark where it used to reside. Always will too, but my hubby thinks I'm beautiful and I'm learning to try to see myself that way... when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christina,
    The Too Skinny Model makes me cringe! My mom instincts want to feed her!
    The Fitness Model reminds me of two of Michelangelo's sculptures: Night from the tomb of Giuliano de' Medici and Dawn from the Tomb of Lorenzo. These are actually sculptures of young males as female did not model nude in those days. Michelangelo simply added breasts to them.
    The Healthy Model is how I believe most American women would like to look, while the Plus Size Model is what I think most men (world-wide) find beautiful. I base this last assumption on the artwork one finds throughout history. From Greek statues to Italian Renaissance art, French Impressionism, and even to modern art, it is rare to find famous art of thin models. I deduce from this that thin is not as appreciated by men as it is wished for by women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote from my husband's browser! It makes his picture next to the word "my mom instincts" rather disconcerting!

      Delete
  3. With bistroMD you can rest assured that you will not only get gourmet entrees, but that every meal and each in bistroMD's weight loss program is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that helps promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the diet plans for 5 to 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - Review your menu in advance and decide on the meals you would like for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss plan.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are sent to your home.

    ORDER NOW - home deliveries.

    ReplyDelete