Sunday, August 21, 2011

Avoiding Temptation

Today was my family reunion that we have every year and I decided not to go.  The reason I decided not to go was because of all the food that would be there.  Even though this made people mad I didn't care because I have to do what is best for me.  I knew that if I went I wouldn't be able to avoid temptation.  This won't be the first time that I have had to say no and it probably won't be the last.  What kinds of situations do you have to avoid now that you are trying to lose weight?  Are you able to say no and not worry about hurting peoples feelings?  At some point you have to put yourself first and thats what I'm finally doing.

3 comments:

  1. That took a lot of strength. I have a very close family. They all want me to be healthy but they don't seem to notice how awkward they get when I turn down food. Sometimes it feels like it would just be easier to just eat the food rather than take the scrutiny. I totally understand your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll soon get to the point where you can handle the temptations so you don't miss out on any more family get togethers. Life is too short to miss out on too many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hungry for a quiet mind, I know exactly waht you mean.

    MB you are right life is to short and I hate missing out but I"m just not strong enough right now.

    ReplyDelete