Sunday, August 14, 2011

School Starting

Well I start back to school tomorrow and I'm so excited.  I've been stuck in this house all summer, eating and putting on weight.  I'm hoping going back to school will help with my weight loss.  I will be out of the house 4 days a week which means away from food.  I will still have to avoid the temptation of vending machines, school cafeteria and going out to eat with friends but I'm going to try my best.  I plan on eating breakfast before I leave in the morning, carrying bottles of water with me and some healthy food to snack on and then eating dinner when I get home.  That still leaves me with the evenings that I always dread and the food demons come out but maybe I will have homework to take up that time, plus I need to start incorporating exercise soon.

My counseling sessions have been moved to Friday mornings so hopefully the motivation she gives me will last me through the weekend until I can get back to school.  I've mentioned this quite a few times before but I have alittle over 9 months before I graduate college and I do not want to walk across the stage looking like I do now.   I have to get on the ball if I want to get this weight off.  Honestly I would be happy if I could graduate at 160 lbs which still isn't my goal weight but its what I would be comfortable at.  I don't want to set such a high goal that I can't make it happen.  Shoot right now I would just be happy being under 200 lbs. 

But for now I don't want to think of the long term.  My goal for this week is to just lose 1 lb.  Now who can't lose 1 lb?  I read an article one day that said to make sure you set small goals that you can make happen and before you know it they will add up to your big goal.  I know without a doubt that I can lose 1 lb this week so anything over that is just extra.  I do have to start exercising soon though which will help get my blood pressure down plus all the extra benefits of losing weight and making my body stronger. 

My official weight that I'm starting this journey off on this time is 246 lbs and I will be weighing in on Fridays.  Just wanted to put that out there so I have that accountability.  So far I think I'm doing really well.  I may not be eating the healthiest foods in the world but I'm watching my portions and I'm going to start incorporating more health foods as soon as I can make it to the grocery store and stock up.  The kids start to school next week so that will help because I won't have to be cooking for them 3 times a day.....yay.  I can concentrate more on eating the right foods instead of what they are yelling for.  I have alot of changes happening over the next couple weeks and I'm looking at all of them in a positive light.  Can't wait to weigh in Friday and see how I'm doing.  Good luck to everyone out there in bloggerland.  Hope your eating and exercise is on track and if not remember today is a new day.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to needing to go back to work, in hopes of it getting me back on track. I am a speech therapist and I work for a school district. I don't really want to go back to work, because I love vacation but vacation gets me in trouble in terms of my nutritional habits. Good luck!!! I too am going to set a goal for myself of 1 lb however, I don't have a thyroid so sometimes I don't meet my goals, but I can certainly try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on meeting your goal. Never give up.

    ReplyDelete