Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stress

I know stress brings on eating but have you ever been so stressed you don't feel like eating?  Thats the way I feel right now.  My stomach is in knots and I can't even think about food and the weird part is I like it.  This is one of the few times in my life where I feel like I have control over food and I'm scared when the stress leaves my life so does the control.  How do I keep the control?

I know stress isn't good for you so I can't stay stressed out all the time but I like the way I have been eating.  I've been eating out of necessity instead of boredom or to stuff down my emotions.  It feels so good to be in control and I want to keep it this way.  Any ideas?  Have you ever been this way before?

2 comments:

  1. Stress has always put me out of control, so it's the opposite of what you're going through. You know what stress does to your immune system, heart, neurotransmitters, etc., so I don't have to go through it all with you. I do worry about you, though. I just want to make sure that you're okay, that's all. You're too precious to hurt yourself.

    I'm glad that you have a handle on your eating. The feeling of being in control is empowering, and makes you feel on top of the world. I hope it lasts for you far beyond the time you're stressed.

    Take care of yourself!! That's an order!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Food Freak, I always look forward to your comments. It is very empowering to feel in control of food and eat just for the sake of nurishment. The stress has let up alittle today but I feel like I'm having one of my manic days as my counselor calls it. I'm full of so much energy so I'm using it to my benefit and cleaning the house. I did check my blood pressure earlier and it was up alittle but I'm not going to call my doctor yet. I want to try to lose some weight and try to get it down first. You take care of yourself to.

    ReplyDelete