Friday, January 21, 2011

Clean Eating Day 9

For breakfast I had 3/4 cup Golden Flaxseed cereal with 1/8 cup of craisins, 1/8 cup walnuts, 1 tbls flaxseed and 1/2 cup soy milk.  I also had a protein drink made from 1 cup soy milk with 1 scoop of Jillian Micheals triple chocolate protein powder added.


My midmorning snack was 1 apple and 2 lowfat mozzarella sticks


For lunch I had a lowcarb whole wheat wrap with 2 tbls red pepper hummus, 1 cup spring mix greens, 1 tomato and 3 oz of southwestern grilled chicken.


My midafternoon snack was a protein shake made from 1 cup of low cal almond milk, 1 scoop of Jillian Micheals triple chocolate protein powder, 1 banana and 1 tbls flaxseed.

For dinner I had 1/2 salmon filet with 1/2 cup  broccoli, 1 cup green beans and 1/2 cup brown rice.  I know the plate looks fuller than that but I wasn't very hungry so I gave half of it to my kids.


I did alittle exercise today, I walked .7 miles but the wind was so cold and blowing so hard I only walked one lap around my neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    That food looks YUMMY!
    I have two questions;
    1. What type of flaxseed do you use. it looks like it is ground. Is it good? I am scared to add it to my food.
    2. How does the Jillian Michaels’ triple chocolate protein powder taste? It looks super good.

    Hope you are having a great day!
    ~Heather

    http://ourskinnydreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I picked my flaxseed up at the grocery store. Its already ground but you can buy flaxseed that you grind yourself. The name of the kind I got is Hodgson Mill. I wouldn't worry about putting it in food its doesn't have much taste. In my cereal it tasted alot like raisin bran after it gets soggy. In oatmeal you won't taste it all. In the protein shakes that I make you don't taste it, it just adds alittle texture to your shake. The Jillian Micheal protein powder is pretty good. Its not as chocolatey as you would expect but it will satisfy your chocolate craving and its only $10.00 so not to much money to waste in case you don't like it. Hope you give these two things a try.

    ReplyDelete