Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eating Clean Day 3

For breakfast I had 3/4 cup Golden Flaxseed cereal with 2 tbls ground flaxseed, 1/3 cup craisins and 1/2 cup skim milk.  I also had two lowfat mozzarella sticks to get in my protein.



My midmorning snack consisted of 16 Pecan Nut Thins, 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese, 1 banana and a handful of peanuts.


For lunch I had 1 salmon filet, baked and roasted cauliflower and broccoli.


My midafternoon snack was 1 apple and a cup of Greek Yogurt.  This was the yummiest snack.  It was strawberry greek yogurt and I dipped the apple into it and it was so good.

For dinner I had a salad made of spring mix topped with southwestern chicken strips, tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and feta cheese.

6 comments:

  1. Good job on the clean eating -- your food looks yummy!

    I gave you an award! :D
    http://dancingtowardsmyself.blogspot.com/2011/01/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have mentioned this somewhere, but do you count calories with clean eating or just really watch what you eat? I am curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Als.

    Wendy you really don't have to count calories on this program but I did yesterday just to see what I was averaging and it was around 1800 calories which I thought was just alittle high so I'm going to try to eat alittle less today. Its hard to explain but they do have a color coding system you can use to help decide what you can eat each day. Like I get 5 proteins a day which they have given the color blue or 2 starchy carbs which are labeled red. Each night I just sit down and decide what I'm having to eat the next day. I begin with my protein for each meal and then build around that. I don't know if you remember the old system called deal a meal but the color coding system is alot like that. Once you use up all your colors you are done eating for the day. If you would like to know anything farther I can send you some links to read about the system. I don't have the books everything I have found has been online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had broccoli and cauliflower yesterday too! Looks like you made some great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I requested the book from the library, but I would also love those links if you don't mind sharing. I am very impressed with your weightloss success on this program!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks spunkysuzi.

    Here are some links Wendy.

    http://eatcleandiet.com/about_the_diet.aspx

    http://www.everydiet.org/diet/clean-eat-diet

    http://www.examiner.com/weight-loss-in-st-louis/clean-eating-shopping-list

    http://eatcleandiet.blogspot.com/

    Hope those help, I'm also going to try to get the books from the library. All my research was done online so far. I'm going to try to write a post later today explaining the Clean eating plan if you want to read it. Good luck and I hope this plan works as good for you as it is for me.

    ReplyDelete