Saturday, November 20, 2010

Healthy Changes?

I would like to know what kind of healthy changes you have made since starting your weight loss journey.  Here is a list of what I have changed.

1.   I walk 5-6 days a week for a total of 10-12 miles.
2.   I'm doing 100 crunches every other day.
3.   I've replaced soda with water.
4.   I'm trying my best to avoid fast food.
5.   I'm eating more veggies and fruits.
6.   I replaced regular cooking oil with olive oil.
7.   I eat a handful of nuts each day.\
8.   I'm taking a mulitivitamin.
9.   I'm taking vitamin D to help with the days I'm depressed and don't feel like doing anything.
10  I've reduced my serving sizes.
11. I drink skim milk instead of whole milk.
12. I'm working on building up my stamina to jog.
13. I eat whole wheat bread instead of white bread.
14. I bake, broil, roast or boil everything, no frying.

I'm sure there are more things but thats all I can think of right now.  I was just wondering what changes everyone else has made.  Maybe we can all learn a few tips from each other.

6 comments:

  1. Unsweetened soy milk has replaced skim milk (less sugar).

    All heavy white carby foods have been ditched and I am losing more inches than ever before. I'm not on a low carb diet - I'm just not eating the heavy carbs.

    I get up early every day and cook myself a high protein breakfast. I am NOT a morning person so I get an extra shiny gold star for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberly for the response, I hope more people respond because I really like hearing what others are doing to make healthy choices. I've never tried soy milk but I might give it a try. I to am trying to limit my carbs, I'm a mashed potatoes and macaroni & cheese kind of girl so this has been a real challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only drink water throughout the day, and a cup of coffee in the morning. I've replaced white bread stuff with whole wheat things (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, sweet potatoes). I workout 6 times a week, and my endurance & stamina have sky rocketed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up anything liquid other than water. I don´t eat fast food at all anymore. Also, I´ve tried this little trick: I try to always wear athletic clothing on my time off, I find it harder to want to eat poorly if I´m dressed for working out. so far it´s worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to only eat restaurant food a couple of times a week, and to try to make smarter choices when I do. I only drink water, at least 64 oz per day, other than my morning coffee. I never eat seconds. I limit processed food. I limit my carbs to whole grains. No sweets. To name a few. It's the little tweaks here and there that all add up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great tips everybody and I will be adding some of them to my healthy changes. Jo you are right its the little tweaks that really make all the difference and if you add them gradually you really don't feel like your giving up anything.

    ReplyDelete