Sunday, November 7, 2010

Making the best of a bad situation

Today has been a pretty good day considering that my husband is no longer here.  I spent the whole day cleaning and trying to make things seem normal around here.  I spent time with the kids and mowed the yard.  Just took care of alot of things that I have been putting off forever.  My eating wasn't to good today but considering what has happened I still thinking I'm doing really good.  Normally something like this would throw everything in my life in a tailspin but I refuse to let that happen.  I have worked to hard to give up now.  I didn't exercise today but I don't feel bad for that because I have kept busy since I got up at 7:30.  I still have more cleaning to do before I go to sleep tonight but it will be nice to wake up in the morning to everything in its place.  The kids are doing ok and I let them call their stepdad today and talk to him.  I'm just ready to get on with my life and start a new chapter.  Thanks to everyone that has offered me their support it means so much to me.  Now for what I ate today.

Breakfast- 1 1/2 cups bran cereal
                 1/4 cup chopped mixed nuts
                 1 banana
                 1 cup skim milk
                  water (16.9 oz)

Snack- 2 cups fat free chocolate milk
            1 bite birthday cake

Dinner- 1 grilled chicken sandwich (Wendys)
             1 small chili (Wendys)
             water (16.9 oz)

So I guess my eating wasn't to bad but I have eaten out 3 days in a row so I need to stop that habit.  I also need to get back on track with my drinking water.  I'll do better tomorrow.

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures for my photo challenge that I started and since I've already failed to take a picture everyday for 365 days I'm stopping this challenge for now.  I may just start posting pictures as I take them just for fun instead of forcing myself to take a shot even where there is nothing interesting to take a picture of. 

I did have one positive thing happen today, I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 218.8 which is 3.4 lbs less than I was when I weighed Friday.  I guess you can always find something positive even in the darkest moments.

8 comments:

  1. Keep focusing on the positives for you and you'll get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, cleaning the house & doing yardwork are workouts all by themselves! Don't feel bad about not getting in some exercise - you've been exercising all day. And I'm still sending you positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy for you for the loss.

    Hug for you for everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture a day project is tough. While I did it for one year, I have had trouble doing it since then.

    ~South Beach Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Hugs*

    I hope that everything will get better for you. You're truly a wonderful person and I believe that it HAS to get better for you. You can do it, stay strong!

    -Raych
    http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good you are staying busy and congratulations on the weight loss. I know it's hard now but I can say with confidence that it will get better. I went through a similar situation almost three years ago with my first marriage. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina, I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through such a tough time =( I have been away from the blogoshpere for a few days and I feel so out of touch. Well it hardly seems to matter now, but you won the drawing for the Gettin Sexy challenge. Just email me with your address and which magazine you want the subscription to, Fitness or Self when you get a second. Absolutely no rush.

    *HUGS*

    I hope you will stay committed to your journey. You are doing such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much I know it will get easier, I'm just trying to keep life as normal as possible. I'm definitely not giving up on my weight loss journey, I have even more motivation to lose weight now. Honestly I'm just ready for the weekend to be over with so I can get back to school and keep my mind off of things. I appreciate all the support so much and it really is helping to know that I have so many people caring about me. Again thank you and I hope I can be there for all of you one day if you need it.

    Thanks Katie for hosting the Gettin Sexy Challenge, I'm surprised I won but so happy. Its challenges like yours that keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete