Monday, November 22, 2010

A very productive day but what now?

I haven't been sleeping good this last week.  Last night I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep so I started working on some of my household chores I had to do.  I've already cleaned my house spotless from one end to the other which is a great thing but I don't have to be at school today so what do I do now?  Its weird when my husband was still living here I never stayed on top of things like this but now that he's gone I keep everything done.  I've never been so productive before so why don't I feel a sense of accomplishment?  Instead I sit around here moping because I don't have enough to do.  I never thought I would wish to have a job but it would be nice to have something to do everyday and bring in extra money on top of that.  I just can't wait until I finish up school so I can go to work.  I do have to exercise in alittle while and run a few errands so that should take up some of my time but its going to be a long day. 
Changing the subject yesterday I went bike riding with my kids.  Its been a very long time since I've been on a bike and its alot harder than I remember.  Well last night I kept having these pains in kind of a private area if you know what I mean, it felt like I was bruised or something.  I couldn't figure out what I had done to cause this but this morning it hit me it was from bike riding.  Will getting a different seat help this or does it just take sometime to get use to riding a bike?  I wanted to ride again today but I don't know how comfortable its going to be if I try.  I may just do it every other day.

4 comments:

  1. Getting a different seat will help a lot! I just got a bike and the seat was horrible! so it made riding it difficult. but i got a new seat, I can ride forever, or until my legs give out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found I used to go completely numb then later when the feeling returned I was very sore- I found wearing different shorts helped, ones that didn't work their way up my leg while i rode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a new seat will help, but it will also get better as your body gets used to it, I think. I used to ride a bike quite a bit and found that to be the case when I first started.

    Your days will eventually get better, but it sounds like you're channeling your loneliness and pain in the right direction.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice everyone. I rode again yesterday and it was kind of painful when I was riding but I don't seem to be as sore today so maybe I'll get use to it.
    Charlotte I'm definitely trying to channel my loneliness and pain into something positive. I've been cleaning like a crazy woman and my exercise has increased to so lets hope I'm over the bad part.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

    ReplyDelete