Friday, August 27, 2010

Before and After

I thought I would post a couple of pictures of the one time in my life I actually lost weight.  In the first picture I weighed 290 lbs and in the second picture I weighed 142 lbs.  It took me 16 months to lose that much weight and I did it using Weight Watchers.  This time I'm trying to lose weight on my own but I am still using concepts from Weight Watchers.  I'm not sure if I'm going to try to get down this small again I'm aiming for 160 lbs but we will see what happens.

I'm the one in the middle in case you didn't know.  The woman on my left is my mom, the woman on my right is my grandmother and the baby she is holding is my oldest son.


This is me 16 months later after I lost 148 lbs, the guy beside me is my brother.  As you can see being overweight runs in my family.  Looking at this picture I can't believe I let myself get this big again.


6 comments:

  1. You are so pretty! Christina, you'll get to your goal whatever you choose it to be in the end. It's all part of the process, even failing.

    We have a lot in common. Weight problems run in my family, too, both on my father's and my mother's side. I too lost a lot of weight once. In 2001/2002 I went from over 270 to 130 lbs. I don't even have a decent photo from my thin days. Before I knew it I was gaining back and in a few short years I put it all back and then some. It could be a really depressing story, but I refuse to let it get me down. I can do nothing about the past and I don't want to play what if games with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your sweet comments. We will both get to goal together. You are right we can't play the what if game I do that to myself to. We only have now and thats what we need to focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful in both pictures! What a pretty lady you are.

    Being overweight runs in my family, too, however I am the only one left who is overweight. Everyone else has lost their weight. (Well, I still have some aunts and cousins that are heavy.)

    I lost 58 pounds in 1997 and eventually gained it all back and much more. I do not know why I let that happen either. But I did and now I just have to focus on the now.

    We can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you. I once lost 100 pounds and then gained it all back plus another 100! I wish you nothing but success. We can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done the same thing...

    I've been skinny until college, got fat, got skinny, got fat, skinny, etc. pretty much for the last 20 years.

    This time I'm doing it my own way, eating the foods I like, making better choices, etc... I'm down 25 pounds this year and I have another 40 to go, but I'm hoping this is for keeps this time! You can do it!

    My blog is http://www.slim-shoppin.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes we can do this. We have to now we have announced our intentions to the whole world....lol....I went to that site wendy and it actually said I should be eating like 2600 calories to lose 2 lbs a week that sounds like a lot to me. The ups and downs of losing weight really suck but this time fluffy and jen we are doing it for the last and final time and keeping it off.

    ReplyDelete