Monday, August 16, 2010

First day of school

Well I went to my first day of class today and it wasn't bad as I thought it was going to be.  Of course I got there alittle early so I wouldn't have to walk across the classroom in front of everyone.  When I walked in there we're just two young skinny girls sitting in there and I found me a seat and waited to see who would show up for class.  I hoped someone my age would walk in but as the class members began filing in it was one young person after another.  Class began and the first thing the teacher did was have each one of us tell about ourselves and turns out I was the oldest person in the class.  We went through our class and at first I felt like such an outsider not only because of my age but because of my weight to but the more I sat there and listened the more I realized I was probably the only person in the class that really knew why they we're there.  I guess age is a good thing sometimes.  At the end of the class the teacher did a sorting exercise with us where he asked questions and seperated us based on our answers, such as where we lived or if we had pets, things like that.  Well it turns out not only am I the oldest but I'm also the only married person and the only person to have kids in this class.  I guess that makes me special.  By the end of the class I wasn't focused on my weight anymore, it hit me I wasn't there for anyone's approval I am there to get a photography degree and have fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment