Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The truth about my blog

I have to admit the title of my blog isn't completely true I was at one time and only one time in my life one of the skinny girls.  It was probably about a year after my first child was born and I was around 24 years old.  I had put on alot of weight and I got to a point where I knew it was time to do something about it so I went by myself and joined Weight Watchers.  I weighed in that night and when I found out what I weighed I was completely shocked.  I was 290 lbs, the most I had ever weighed in my life.  The Weight Watchers program came very easy to me and the weight pretty much dropped off every week.  Over the next 16 months I managed to lose 148 lbs which left me at the smallest I had ever been 142 lbs.  It was weird I finally got to my goal weight and instead of compliments I got comments like you are looking anorexic, don't you think you have lost enough weight?  But I guess they had the right to be worried because this dramatic weight loss had led me on a path that I never thought I would go, I ended up with a eating disorder, which I will talk about at another time.  No matter though because I didn't stay at this weight for very long anyways. 

Within a year I was up to about 170 lbs and then I found out I was pregnant with twins which everybody knows what that means, I got to eat for three.  Well by the time I gave birth to my twins I was well into the 260's.  From this point on my weight went up and down depending on which diet I was trying at the time.  This brings me to the present and the promise of posting my weight.  I had to go to the doctor yesterday because of being sick and of course the first thing you have to go through is the dreaded weigh in.......drumroll please.......the number which I already knew because I weigh everyday at home was 247 lbs.  Now I  know most people are going to think well if Weight Watchers worked so well for you why don't you just go back.  The answer to this is I have time and time again and either I just don't stay on track or maybe just getting older and my metabolism slowing down I just don't lose the weight like I use to.  So my journey begins on here, to document what I eat, when I exercise, what I lose and to make new friends that are having the same struggles I am.  I know I promised pictures today but I just haven't gotten around to taking any yet plus like most overweight people I absolutely hate having my picture taken, odd considering I'm in college right now taking photography but hey I love taking pictures of other people.  I promise though very soon I will get a picture on here because I want to be able to look back and see what I have accomplished six months, a year or even two years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment