Friday, August 13, 2010

Staying Motivated

One of the hardiest things is staying motivated, especially when you don't see the weight coming off. So many times I have heard its more than what you see on the scale and this is true, but it sure is nice to see those numbers go down. I'm trying to approach this weight loss journey with a different point of view. Forget the scales, just focus on how I feel about myself, how my clothes fit and whether other people notice a difference in me. I'm still going to weigh but only once a week so I don't let the scale rule me. My biggest tool in staying motivated is this website, it gives me a sense of having to answer to someone which I like doing. I don't want to disappoint myself or the people who will read this blog. Having a sense of accountability makes you more motivated, you want to be the one that succeeds. I've changed alot in the last year and I'm trying to take on a more positive approach to live and you know what it's working. I really believe I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. I have recently enrolled in college and I just finished my first semester and I discovered I like school and I like learning so maybe I can take that same concept into losing weight. There are so many weight loss blogs out there and people just like me trying to lose weight and take their live back and I can learn from these people and maybe just maybe I can help someone along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment