Monday, August 30, 2010

Sweating

I know this is not a great subject but this summer sweating has been an awful reality for me.  I'm not sure if its the medicine I'm taking or if its being overweight but I'm miserable.  I know last summer I wasn't like this but I was also about 35 lbs lighter then.  Could 35 lbs really make this much difference or is this just an extra hot summer?  I know here the humidity has been so bad everyday that you just don't even want to leave the house.  Today at school we had to go outside and do some practice exercises with our cameras and I knew that I was going to be sweating buckets; luckily I bought this stuff when I got married that you spray on your face and its suppose to keep you from sweating so I tried it today and it did help alot.  It's so embarassing to be drenched in sweat and everybody else seems to not even be hot.  One girl today actually had a jacket on when we went outside, how crazy is that?  Honestly this is probably one of my biggest motivations right now for losing weight because I'm tired of being embarassed all the time.  I don't mind sweating when I'm exercising, I actually like it because it means I'm working out hard but I'm sick of looking like someone has dumped a bucket of water over my head all the time.  If it is my medicine then I'm in trouble because I'm definitely not going off of it.  All I can say is thank God its going to be fall soon and then by the time next summer gets here all this weight will be gone and hopefully I won't have to worry about this sweating problem ever again.  Does anyone else seem to have this problem and if you do what do you do about it?

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I've had it for years. I keep tissues in my pockets and dab the sweat away every few minutes. It's not pretty, but I am already used to it so much, I almost don't notice I am doing it. I know that's not really an option when you are holding a camera and concentrating on your class, though. Don't let it bother you that the kids in your class are not sweating. We are all different and just because their bodies work differently that doesn't make them any better than you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its just hard to not be embarassed, being overweight we already have so much to deal with between getting out of breathe and getting all the bad looks and then on top of that we need sweating to draw attention to us. Why don't we just wear signs saying yes I'm fat just get over it? Just kidding, I just want to feel normal, not stand out like a sore thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're having this issue. I don't have this particular issue, but I have my own...ya know? We just have to do what we can to change them..it sounds like you're working on that so keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shrinking Kenz it will be different next summer I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, do I forevermore understand. This summer has been especially awful for me. Like you said though, next summer WILL be different (for us both)! :)

    ReplyDelete