Monday, August 23, 2010

Reasons I want to lose weight

I found a weight loss album that I started 4 years ago and it had a list that I had wrote of the reasons why I wanted to lose weight and I thought I would post that list here.

1.   I will have more choices in the clothes I can wear and they will fit me better.
2.   I will feel better about myself.
3.   I will be healthier.
4.   I will be able to breath easier.
5.   I will have more energy.
6.   I will have more confidence and self esteem.
7.   I will be able to get around easier.
8.   I will be able to keep up with my kids.
9.   I will be able to shave my legs easier.
10. I will be able to have my picture taken without being embarassed.
11. My feet won't hurt as bad.
12. My back won't hurt as bad.

Those are the 12 things I listed 4 years ago, today I am adding the things below.

13. I will be able to cross my legs.
14. I won't be embarassed of my body.
15. I will enjoy sex more because I won't be focused on hiding what I don't want my husband to see.
16. I will set a positive example for my kids.
17. I won't be embarassed to see people in public I know.
18. I won't have to hear the doctor tell me for the thousandth time that I need to lose weight.
19. I won't have to feel embarassed for my husband when we are out in public together anymore.
20. I will live longer, be stronger, feel better and finally be able to love myself.

I have spent so much of my life focused on losing weight; energy and time I could have spent on doing something more important like spending more time with my family or helping others in need.  Losing weight really has been an obsession with me.  It's the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about before I go to sleep.  I have cried so many times over my weight, just wishing I could be normal.  I have asked my husband a thousand times why couldn't I have been one of those skinny girls that never had to worry about what they ate.  I guess that just wasn't in the cards for me.  I could sit here and blame my parents for the way I eat but that's not going to change anything.  I made my own choices as an adult and now I have to correct those choices.  I have overcome so many things in my life but my weight has always been the one thing that has whipped me everytime, well not this time.  I'm getting to old to deal with this problem anymore.  It's consumed to much of my life and hurt me for to long.  I graduate college in about 20 months and when I walk across that stage I want to not only be proud about graduating but I want to proud about who I have become.  It's my time to shine.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm gonna make a list of why I want to lose weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to HYC and all the best with your plans.

    I like the idea of writing the reasons you want this.

    You will probably want to look at the list often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I may write my own list. Seems like it will be a great "go to" when you hit those inevitable brick walls during your journey!

    Randi@kickingfat.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great reasons to lose weight! Good for you!! Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments and I hope we can help each other along the way. I appreciate any advice and tips you can give me.

    ReplyDelete