Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fasting

I decided to fast today because for some reason my weight just shot up over the last few days.  When I weighed in last night I was up 6 lbs, thats insane.  I haven't been eating that much but it could be that my time of the month is almost here.  Whatever reason there is for this gain I'm going to do everything I can to try to see even a small loss on the scale tomorrow.  I thought I would use this post to post throughout the day on how my fast is going.  So far this morning all I have had is a glass of orange juice which I drank because I'm kind of sick right now and I was hoping the Vitamin C might help alittle.  I plan on drinking as much water as humanly possible today in the hopes of flushing my system out.  I did weigh in this morning when I got up and I was already down 3 lbs from my 6 lb gain last night so I'm halfway to being back at my weigh in weight last Friday.  I also plan on doing a good walk today, I would love to walk at least 5 miles but I will have to see how that goes, its hard finding free time without my kids to get in a walk like that.  I know that fasting isn't a healthy thing to do all the time but I don't believe its going to kill me to go 24 hours without eating every once in awhile and by posting about it on here I have a sense of accountability to do it.

12:00PM-  so far I'm doing really good, only thing I've had is 8 oz Orange Juice, 8 oz chocolate milk and 16.9 oz water, only 19 hours and I can eat again....lol

4:45PM- still haven't eatin anything yet and I'm feeling fine....been asleep for the last 4 hours but at least that kept me from eating, only 12 hours until I can eat again

So far this fast has been really easy, I'm not even hungry and I had to cook breakfast for my kids which consisted of livermush, eggs and biscuits and lunch which was chili with sour cream and cheese and garlic cheddar biscuits, so if that didn't tempt me to eat nothing will.  I did miss walking though, I took a nap and ended up sleeping through my walking time so I guess the fast will have to do.  Even if I have still gained in the morning it won't be as bad as it could be and this will be a great way to start off a new week and show myself that I'm not going to die without food.

8:00 PM- I still haven't eaten anything yet and I'm really starting to get hungry but its not long until bedtime so I will just sleep through the hunger.  I weighed just alittle while ago and I'm only up 1.6 lbs.  I don't know how much of that will come off before morning but if I can just maintain my weigh in weight from last week I will be happy.

7:00AM- I made it through my fast without eating but I weighed this morning and I'm still up 1 lb but at least I have an excuse, I woke up to Aunt Flo visiting this morning so I'm blaming it on her.  I hate that I gained weight this week but I guess it was only a matter of time until it was going to happen.

6 comments:

  1. You're a stronger woman than I am, Christina. Let us know how you do. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juice is a high sugar drink, and kinda negates the fast. If you're trying to avoid the Vic C pills, I'd pop some red bell pepper in the juicer, along with spinach and a few other veggies. You need lots of fresh vitamins and minerals.

    Feel better, and happy holidays! Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I'm doing pretty good Stephanie, thanks for your support.

    Vee I'm not really doing a traditional fast, I'm more just trying to avoid solid food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a low sodium soup? Or even some V8? Don't want you passing out! Sometimes when it is my time of the month and I know I am retaining water, I take one dulcolax with alot of water and that helps flush out the extra water.


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bio reminds me so much of me when I was younger. I can really relate to your battle. Warmest wishes.You aren't alone xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Polars mom and Sarah, I made it through the fast ok though and I may do it on a regular bases now.

    ReplyDelete