Saturday, December 25, 2010

Food + Bloating = FAT

This last week I have felt so bloated no matter what I eat.  This feeling equals one thing to me, "I'm FAT".  I'm not sure if this feeling is coming from Aunt Flo visiting or if its the food I"m eating but I hate it.  I've also noticed that after I eat ice cream or drink milk my stomachs starts hurting, can you become dairy intolerant even if you have never been before?  This last week has just really sucked because I've felt extremely FAT no matter what I've eaten.  I'm also taking a stool softener which my doctor recommended me doing because of how much fiber I was eating and I've started taking gas pills just to relief some of the bloating.  It seems like the more I do to try to fix the problem the worse it gets.  Even when I fasted a couple days ago I still felt bloated.  Should I just start drinking as much water as possible, will that help flush whatever the problem is out?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. I recomment drinking lots of water. Lots and lots. Your period will cause some bloating but that will go away. I woke up and gained 2 lbs. a couple of days ago because of that. You don't gain 2 lbs. by eating 1200 calories and drinking tons of water so that had to be it. It went away. If ice cream makes your stomach hurt, then stop eating ice cream. What kind of diet involves ice cream anyway? Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went out for my anniversary last Wednesday and ate Chinese food...forgot to tell them no MSG or salt....got on the scale Thursday and gained 2 lbs...it takes me two weeks to lose 2 lbs, how come it comes on over night...anyway, since then I have been drinking two quarts of water every day (sometimes I drop a tea bag in it for a change) and this morning I lost those two lbs....Of course, I also watched what I ate (had cottage cheese for lunch, and stayed away from the junk) try it, it wont hurt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. In response to Debbie, any liveable diet includes a carefully measured portion of ice cream. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and Yes! The bloated feeling is so depressing because no matter how well you've been eating you still feel like you've gained ten pounds =( Although digestive issues can be a lot of different things I felt the same way until I finally made some diet changes. I would try to eliminate a few things and see what happens. Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every now and then if I eat ice cream I get sick to my stomach and I often wonder then same thing. I think it has a lot to do with what was in your stomach to begin with if it was empty etc..That is my best guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody. Its nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I'll just have to start watching what I eat and what foods cause that feeling.

    ReplyDelete