Monday, December 27, 2010

What's Wrong With Me?

I'm so disappointed in myself right now because when I stepped on the scale this morning it read 217.6 lbs which is 6.8 lbs more than I was weighing a week and a half ago.  I know that part of this is probably because its my time of the month but not all of it.  I have to find a way to get back in control of my eating because it takes forever to get the weight off but it sure doesn't take long to put it on.  I'm trying to get in a more positive frame of mind because thinking like this can lead to a major backslide, I definitely don't want that.  My weigh in day isn't until Friday so I do have alittle time to do some damage control, I just want to get back on track.  I was doing so good, I was positive and in control.  I was eating right and exercising and it wasn't even that hard and then I seperated from my husband and winter came and everything just seems to be falling apart.  What's wrong with me that I can't get back in control?  I know what I need to do and I know what works because thats how I lost the last 36 lbs, I just have to do it.  I hate winter, I'm snowed in right now so no going to the YMCA and its so cold outside so its hard to exercise outside, which I do plan on doing later on today.  The kids are out of school so thats no help where my exercise is concerned.  I just hate when my normal routine is messed up, its just hard for me to readjust.  I guess thats something I'm going to have to work on.  Once the kids are back in school and I start school back I won't have as much time to eat and I'm planning on hitting the gym after class and walking while my kids are at school so things will be better then but thats still 10 days off.  I can't wait until then to get back on track.  I guess I'm just frustrated right now and hoping that typing this post will inspire me someway.  I do have my eating already planned out for today and this is what I'm going to have.

Breakfast- 1 cup raisin bran
                 1 cup skim milk
                 water (16.9 oz)

Snack- 1 cup lowfat yogurt
            water (16.9 oz)

Lunch- 1 slice turkey, 1 slice cheese and honey mustard
            on 2 slices double fiber whole wheat bread
            water (16.9 oz)

Snack- 1/4 cup trail mix
             water (16.9 oz)

Dinner- 1 sweet potato w/ brown sugar and cinnamon
             1 cup roasted broccoli
             1 cup green beans
             1/2 cup corn
             water (16.9 oz)

I think thats a pretty balanced diet plus I'll get in lots of water.  Then I'm thinking of fasting tomorrow because of how easy it was last time I did it.  I just can't have another gain this Friday.  I'm so close to weighing what I weighed a year ago I can't screw up now.  Plus I need to finish this year out with a loss not a gain.  Well I guess thats enough whining. 

7 comments:

  1. Just breathe and relax and realize that the hustle-bustle of the season can have an impact on how you are doing. But you have a plan, you are not spiraling out of control, you are grabbing the reins of the situation before it becomes a runaway horse.

    So good for you! Get back on track and keep things going in the direction of your choosing because you are in charge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through something like this every year at Christmas - I'm going through it now, as a matter of fact. I think it's all tied in with our expectations of Christmas and our expectations of ourselves. I think what you're doing is exactly the right thing. Get one good day behind you and then you have a good foundation for getting back on track. Nothing like a successful day to get you motivated. Most likely those added pounds will be gone in a couple of days.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathe in.
    Breathe out.

    Now, just focus on today. Forget Friday. Forget the expectation of having a loss. Do what you have to do today, because that is all you really have any control over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, if you're going through an overly stressful time, that would also make you gain weight. Kimberly is right though - you cannot control what will happen on Friday. You can only control the very present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina, do NOT beat yourself up. MANY of us had less than desirable results this month. YOU ARE NOT ALONE, and maybe more importantly YOU CAN DO THIS! I know you can. You are such a strong woman, I can tell through your blog, and I know 2011 will be a great year for you. Limp along for the 10 days if you have to and then get it going!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone I can always count on you'll to cheer me up. I'm just going to continue to take things one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina,
    I just got back on track today myself. This is a hard time of the year for us dieters--especially women who have to deal with food, planning, shopping, etc. You will get there...we're all in this together. Take care.

    ReplyDelete