Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Time to get serious

Over the last month I've really lost sight of what I'm trying to accomplish by losing weight and exercising.  I just haven't been very focused on anything lately and that definitely needs to change.  I'm still losing weight but I'm not doing it in a healthy way and eventually its going to catch up with me.  I'm so proud of myself for what I've accomplished so far and I don't want to start going backwards.  Its time for me to get serious about my weight loss again. 
This past Monday was my last day of school for the semester and I don't go back until January 6, 2011.  When I return to school I really want people to notice a difference in me.  That might sound selfish but its nice to have your hardwork be recognized.  That means I have 22 days to work as hard as I can before I have to return to school.  I think it helps me to break my goals down into smaller challenges like this.  It gives me something to work towards.
I'm still working on my New Years goals right now.  I have 22 miles to walk before January 1, 2011 to hit my 160 miles walked goal.  I'm also working on weighing what I did a year ago by hitting 205 lbs, right now I have about 7 lbs to go to hit that goal.  I would love to hit 40 lbs lost by New Years so thats what I'm aiming for.  One of my Hot 100 challenge goals is to make it through the holidays without overeating and I'm not really concerned about that.  I have my sons birthday party this weekend and then Christmas but I think I will be fine at both of these events.  I'm still working on drinking all my water which is something I really need to focus on, also I need to get away from the fast food which I've been eating alot of lately.  I also need to lay off the sugar and carbs and get back to more fruits and veggies.  So I know what I need to do to succeed I just need to put my mind to it.  I know I can do this, I have no doubts in myself its just a matter of doing it. 
I am going to the YMCA today and getting my free membership because I'm tired of using the cold weather as an excuse for not exercising.  I was working to hard and seeing my work pay off to stop exercising now.  We only have 16 days left in this year and when January 1, 2011 gets here I want to know that I did everything possible to be at the lowest weight I could be by that date.  I want to start this New Years off right.  I've set alot of goals for myself I know but I know I can do it.  Goals are what keep me on track and give me something to strive for. 
I hope all of you are going to make these last 16 days in this year the best so far.  Your support has kept me going and I will always appreciate that.  I have gotten off track with my blogging and weight loss but I think I'm back in the right frame of mind to do what I need to do now.  I'm going to spend today visiting blogs and getting motivation from each and everyone of you.  Thanks for all your comments and support.

5 comments:

  1. 22 days is a LOT of time!! Cut down to 1200 - 1300 calories (which is healthy), drink lots of water and get moving! You so will see a difference. You know what to do, you've said it! Now do it! You won't regret it. The holiday is NOT an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's hard to maintain focus when life throws you curveballs, but you seem to be doing a great job. You know how to do this, and you know you can do this. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that sometimes we just need a break from things. You can't force things that just aren't working; sounds like you are getting your second wind though, and that's all that matters. Good luck - good momentum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooooooooo glad you're feeling better, Christina! It brought a HUGE smile to my face to read this post. I'm right there with you! WE CAN DO THIS! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. With bistroMD you know that not only will you receive gourmet entrees, but that every meal and each in bistroMD's weight loss program will be balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that helps promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Select one of the weight loss plans for 5 or 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - Review your menu in advance and pick the meals you want for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your diet plan.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are delivered to your door.

    GET STARTED NOW - home deliveries.

    ReplyDelete