Friday, December 3, 2010

Goals, Challenges and Weigh In Updates

I decided to keep all my challenges and goals together in one post to make it easier to track everything. I know it seems like I have taken on alot but its keeps me motivated and keeps me busy so I don't think about food so much. Updates are in red.


Weight loss goals (2 lbs a week):
December 28, 2010- 205 lbs (I 215.6 weigh lbs)
January 25, 2011- 197 lbs
February 22, 2011- 189 lbs (under 200 for valentines how sweet that would be)
March 22, 2011- 181 lbs
April 19, 2011- 173 lbs
May 17, 2011- 165 lbs (it would be nice to celebrate our 5 year anniversary with me at this weight)
June 14, 2011- 157 lbs
July 12, 2011- 149 lbs ( 2 days before my birthday what a wonderful birthday present to myself)
August 9, 2011- 141 lbs (this would be the smallest I have ever been)

Recommended Daily Allowances:
(not really a challenge but something I need to keep an eye on)
Calories: 1760 to lose 2 lbs a week
Fat: 64 grams
Fiber: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 300 grams
Sugar: 40 grams
Protein: 50 grams
Sodium: 2400 milligrams


Exercise:
I have challenged myself to walk a 160 miles by New Years. I am using the ticker on the right side of my blog to keep track of how far I have walked.
(I have walked 128 miles so far in this challenge.)


Hot 100 Challenge:
Steve from http://logmyloss.com/ is hosting the Hot 100 Challenge. The Hot 100 is a challenge focused on the last 100 days of 2010 beginning September 23, 2010. Here are my goals:
#1....This was my own personal challenge anyway so I'm adding it as my first goal here.....walk 160 miles by New Years.
(I have walked 128 miles so far.)
#2....Continue to eat healthy and exercise so I can lose 20 lbs by New Years. Beginning weight 235.4 lbs.
(I have lost 19.8 lbs so far, I only need .2 lbs to hit my goal)
#3....Make it through the holiday season without falling back into old eating patterns.
(I made it through a Thanksgiving without overeating so I'm doing pretty good so far.)

Monthly Goals (11/1/10-11/31/10):
(my own personal goals)
1. Water- My goal has been to drink 128 oz of water a day but I still have not managed to accomplish this so that is my first goal I'm going to work on this month. (I have still yet to hit this goal)
2. Sugar- I have greatly reduced my sugar intake already but its still something I need to continue to work on. (The last week I ate way to much sugar, definitely got to work on this goal)
3. Fruits- I love fruits especially sweet fruits like bananas, apples and grapes but I have learned that fruits have alot of natural sugar in them so you do need to watch how much you eat so my goal this month is to continue to keep my fruit intake to a maximum of 1-2 servings per day. (I haven't been doing to good on this goal)
4. Vegetables- I have always been a vegetable eater but I have had to learn to replace some of my carbs like macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes with vegetables instead. I am learning to try new vegetables that I've never had before to add some variety into my eating and vegetables really are good for you and help to fill you up. So I plan on continuing to try at least one new vegetable and make sure I get my daily servings of veggies in. (Lately I haven't been eating as many veggies so I need to work on this)
5. Carbohydrates- This is probably one of my favorite types of foods, I mean who doesn't love macaroni and cheese and pasta dishes and breads but if you aren't careful these types of food can put alot of weight on you. So I plan on continuing to really watch my intake of carbs. (This last week I ate way to many carbs, time to get back on track)
6. Exercise- I have been doing really good at exercise but I am adding that as one of my goals so that I make sure I continue to get all of my exercise in. I am challenging myself to walk/jog 5-6 days a week and at least 15 miles a week. (This last week I only got in 9 miles)
7. Soda- I have mainly been drinking water but I have been sneaking in a couple diet sodas a week and I want to completely give up sodas this month. (I drank a couple diet sodas this last week)
8. Fast Food- I try to pick the healthiest thing when I get fast food but like a friend pointed out to me no fast food is healthy. I'm only picking out the least unhealthy thing on the menu so this is definitely something I need to give up. So my last goal is to completely avoid fast food this next month. (I have eaten to much fast food this last week)


I Refuse to Blow it Over the Holidays Challenge:
This challenge is being hosted by Erika at http://wwwfatlikeme.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html . Its just a personal challenge not to overeat during the holidays. You just keep track of how much weight you have lost from the first day of fall until after New Years. My beginning weight was 235.4 lbs.
(I have lost 19.8 lbs so far in this challenge.)

Sarah at http://lowstressweightloss.com/blog/ is hosting No Gain Holidays challenge and I have decided to take part.  The challenge runs from November 22 until January 3 and you can join anytime.  My beginning weight was 218.2 lbs.
(So far I've had no gains only a month to go)


I know this seems like alot of goals and challenges but they all kind of fit together I just want to be able to update all of them on the same day to make it easier for me to remember.

9 comments:

  1. I think I am going to make your fishies chubby... I feed them everytime I click on your blog!! :)

    When I first read all of your goals and what not, it seemed like WAY too much... but then I re read your post after your last paragraph and they do totally sync up!! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so close to close to all of your goals!! You must feel awesome about that, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love carbs, and hate hate hate veggies. Also, I am bad about fruits, too. I find that when I want fruit, I will sit down with a container of pineapple and eat the whole dang thing because it is fruit. Not helpful I know. So on my current diet, I can't have fruit until I reach goal. Sucks but I know the fructose makes me crave more sugars... As for the veggies, I am SO not a fan, but have been working on this. I made a casserole this past week with red sweet peppers, like bell peppers, and tomatoes, and snap peas, and acorn squash, which was new for me. The acorn squash turned out WONDERFUL with a consistency and flavor of sweet potatoes, which is cool with me. It might be my new favorite veggie since it takes on the flavor of what is around it...

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to be amazed that you can keep all your challenges straight - go you!

    You're so close to your Hot 100 weight goal, doesn't that feel delicious? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep- I have a very hard time getting in my veggies as well. I just wish someone would make them for me, set them in front of me and tell me to eat them. Then, I probably would.
    Sounds like you have got things all figured out for the holidays. One day at a time; this is really the hardest part of the year to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing so great, Christina! I'm very, very proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone it feels so good to read all the positive things you have to say. I just have to keep pushing myself and easier days will come soon. Just have to make it through Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good person with good Attitude.
    Following nature and natural lifestyle...
    Wonderful...

    ReplyDelete