Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Removed Posts

Some of you may have noticed that I recently removed 3 of my posts, one on how much water to drink, one on eating nuts and seeds and one on eating disorders.  I did this because a friend called to my attention copyright laws.  I want to apology to anyone I might have offended but I thought it was ok to copy information from sites online as long as I gave them credit in the post.  Well I did alittle research and thats not true.  Most sites have their information copyrighted and without their written consent you are not allowed to use it so until I revise these posts into my own words I will not be reposting them.  I will still offer my own personal opinions on these subjects if you need to know anything or I can give you some sites you can go to so you can read for yourself.  Once again I'm sorry.

4 comments:

  1. That's interesting. I didn't realize that was an offense either, as long as you gave them credit. It kinda doesn't make sense. If you copy a recipe that I made and post it on your blog, why isn't that legal? If I'm posting it for the public, it should be able to be used by the public. I get that it would be RUDE not to give credit but I didn't think that you weren't allowed to do it. Hmm. Thanks for letting me know. I quote from people all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think its the same thing if you just quote from someone like on these blogs but if you go to a site and click on their terms or conditions they will state that you are not allowed to use the information on their site without written consent. And also I think it has be copyrighted material not just something that you or I have said. I hope I'm not confusing anyone to much, I just didn't want to get in trouble for doing something I wasn't suppose to and you can get permission from these sites you just have to ask and wait for their response. I may do that with my posts and see if those sites say ok, if they do I will repost them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I never looked into this enough, obviously! I, too, thought that as long as I was giving credit where credit is due, I was covered. :-s Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete